Job type: Full-time
- Dow has an exciting opportunity for a new Credit Manager, located in Terneuzen, Netherlands (Milan, Italy could be an option as well for right candidate) within the II&I Business Segment. This role will manage the credit risk and trade accounts receivable of a portfolio in Italy & Iberica by evaluating customer’s credit risk, implementing risk mitigating structures, enforcing established credit limits, and optimizing the Company’s accounts receivable exposure under the supervision of a Regional Credit Leader.
- Provides overall responsibility, supervision, and management of credit risk portfolio of large size and/or complexity, consistent with Dow’s credit risk management strategy.
- Meets account receivable objectives and goals (i.e. DSO, Percent Current, Collections, etc.) and develops the credit strategy and action plans to anticipate business needs and credit requirements for the portfolio.
- Works closely with Commercial, Business and Finance partners to discuss and review credit requirements, status and action plans. Regular interaction with Area Directors to review portfolio credit performance, concerns and path forward.
- Interprets internal and external business challenges to devise strategies to evaluate credit risk and establishes credit limits and payment terms to customers including the global coordination and implementation of corporate accounts.
- Implements credit risk mitigating structures/credit enhancements to support credit limits by using traditional credit risk management instruments (such as guarantees, collaterals, letter of credits, etc.) and other innovative techniques (such as credit derivatives, securitization of receivables, trade finance operations, etc.).
- Evaluates and determines the bad debt reserve requirements; coordinates Legal efforts/collections , and initiates requests for write off of doubtful accounts where needed.
- Supervises performance of routine collections and resolution of customer’s discrepancies (Payment Receipt and Handling Process) and takes the lead role and ownership where determined necessary by the risk assessment or during the routine collection stage at any time if deemed appropriate.
- Impacts the achievement of customer and operational objectives by providing insightful differentiated financial services and consultation to these customers on complex issues, including financial support based on the customer’s risk assessment and business strategy.
- Leads projects of increased complexity and risk.
Financial Statement Analysis; Negotiation; Problem Solving; Analytical Mindset; Market/Economics Understanding; Leadership; Collaboration; among others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Related Discipline
- 7+ years of experience in Finance/Accounting
- 2+ years of experience in Credit Risk
- Italian, and/or Portuguese and Spanish Language skills
- Advanced education (MBA, Masters in Finance or Related Discipline)
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow’s equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com .
Click to apply for free candidate