Category: IT - Software
Position: Entry level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentAbout Us
Vacancy: Engineering Process and Support Coordinator, Gorinchem, Netherlands
Do you want to work with an international team of ‘can-do’ people that are developing new and innovative technologies and ways to support customers and push for a more sustainable maritime industry?
If you answered ‘yes’ to this question, then you may be a good fit for Damen Workboats!
We are hiring for a range of non-technical and technical positions, and we are hiring to fill the job vacancy for Engineering Process and Support Coordinator
Nice to meet you!
We are Damen Workboats. We develop, design and construct tugs, stationary dredgers, and high-speed crafts. We are working on developments like autonomous sailing, smart and predictive maintenance, hybrid-electric propulsion systems, etc. Our vessels are being built at our yards in Vietnam, China, Turkey and the Netherlands.
Meet the Engineering Support Team!
The Engineering Support team provides worldwide support to the numerous entities within these two divisions, predominantly in terms of functional support of CAD – ERP and in time for CAD & PDM, ERP and other engineering applications, as well as support in the alignment of resources, processes, and procedures.
Are you a good fit for the role of Engineering Process and Support Coordinator at Damen Workboats? Now or in the near future?
As Engineering Process and Support Coordinator, you are responsible for the functional support of the CAD – ERP systems and in time for CAD & PDM, ERP system for our Engineering. The CAD & PDM systems that are to be implemented is the 3DS solution of Dassault: Catia (3D-CAD) and Enovia (PDM). As a Workboats Engineering Support, you are the bridge in translating functional requirements of the systems into IT requirements and giving functional support to (key) users. Our international engineering chain requires timely availability and continuity, and various roles work in this system together on projects to realise this. As Engineering Process and Support Coordinator, you can see interfaces with other applications.
This is a good fit if you like to do the following:
- Representing the interests of the business in (IT) projects;
- Translating business requirements into required changes and/or updates to the applications;
- Draw up instructions, procedures and regulations in the field of CAD & PDM, ERP applications and support the (group) key-users of the CAD & PDM, ERP applications, ensuring undisturbed and optimal use thereof;
- Liaise and/or coordinate with application vendors and your colleagues at IT&IM in identifying & solving application issues; Ensuring a smooth roll-out of new and/or modified applications;
- Monitoring & interpreting the interfacing (of data) between applications;
- Advising and guiding your colleagues during training (often on location) in the field of CAD & PDM, ERP applications, sometimes executing (part of) the training yourself.
We ask our future Engineering Process and Support Coordinator to come prepared with the following:
- Vocational or Bachelor degree in the engineering or IT field;
- Broad knowledge and experience with CAD & PDM, ERP systems, preferably shipbuilding oriented;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch is a pre.
- Result-oriented, a " Workboats Engineering Support" with initiative;
- Good at combining your knowledge of engineering with IT;
- Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach and works methodically;
- Able to influence, put things into perspective and also know how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- Well able to manage expectations;
- Willing to occasionally travel.
We want to make sure you are a happy Engineering Process and Support Coordinator, so we offer:
The opportunity to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organisation where innovation is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that’s why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities. All you have to do is grab them.
We Offer You
Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An International work environment;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Damen is a family-owned, client-driven organisation that has been in operation since 1927. Our primary business involves ships, but we are not just a shipbuilder. We are a global operation of diverse people with a range of skills that deliver innovation and quality to the maritime sector. Our business priority is to deliver for the needs of the present while working to solve the challenges of the future.
Still with us and ready to apply?
Apply online for the position of Engineering Process and Support Coordinator by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We look forward to meeting you!
Do you need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Hedy Norbart firstname.lastname@example.org or explore other career opportunities at https://career.damen.com/
Damen Workboats does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 17-03-2023🌏 Ridderkerk, Zuid-Holland
💸 € 3.506 - € 6.517 per maand⏰ 05-03-2023🌏 Leiderdorp, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 07-03-2023🌏 Bodegraven-Reeuwijk, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 17-03-2023🌏 Zoetermeer, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 13-03-2023🌏 Waddinxveen, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 14-03-2023🌏 Den Haag, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 03-03-2023🌏 Ridderkerk, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 03-03-2023🌏 Leiden, Zuid-Holland
💸 € 4.391 per maand⏰ 17-03-2023🌏 Delft, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 10-03-2023🌏 Alphen aan den Rijn, Zuid-Holland