Update day: 10-11-2023
Salary: Tot € 5.937 per maand
You are passionate about your work in Media and Creative industries and would like to share this passion with others. Working as a lecturer (docent in Dutch) for 0.8 FTE at the Academy for Games & Media (AGM) of Breda University of Applied Sciences (BUas) provides you with this opportunity. You will teach, supervise and develop course materials. You will be working near the city centre of Breda, on a green, sustainable and high-tech campus at a top ranked academy interconnected with the media industry.
About this job
As a lecturer your main teaching assignment will be for the bachelor in Creative Business of the Academy for Games & Media (AGM) where you will be responsible for teaching Finance, Business strategy, and entrepreneurship. The bachelor in Creative Business offers students a programme that trains them to systematically obtain the strategic skills necessary to become (media) creators and innovators. In order to do this, students are exposed to a wide variety of topics including financial accounting, business models, branding, emerging technologies, design thinking, communication theories, and more. You will also have the opportunity to supervise students with their work placements and undertaking their graduation projects.
These projects combine applied research with conceptual design and business considerations. You will also create and present course content. You are able to use your network as a means of securing interesting guest lecturers that will enrich our teaching programme. You will work closely together in an international team of lecturers and researchers. In this position, you get the opportunity to guide and support smart, highly committed and creative young people in the process of becoming the new leading specialist in the creative industry.
About the Academy for Games & Media
The Academy for Games & Media (AGM) offers bachelor’s programmes in Applied Data Sciences & AI (ADS&AI), Creative Media and Game Technology (CMGT), and Creative Business (CB). The academy also offers a Master in Media Innovation (MMI) as well as a Master in Game Technology (MGT). Many of our programmes are rated number one in national league tables (National Student Survey and Elsevier) because of their professional orientation as well as the quality and experience of our staff. The staff of the academy are recruited from all over the world (e.g. USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Italy, Belgium, and the Netherlands) and all courses are taught in English. We work together with industry partners and have alumni in leading studios. More information about our programmes can be found on our website.
What do we offer?
- The salary for this position amounts to a monthly minimum of € 4,234.28 and a monthly maximum of € 5,936.77 (gross amounts based on full-time employment);
- This position is valued at level 11 of the CAO HBO (collective labour agreement). Your official job title will be that of lecturer;
- This position involves a one-year employment contract with the possibility of conversion into an indefinite employment contract;
- Your commuting expenses will be fully reimbursed when you travel by public transport;
- You will receive compensation for health insurance;
- You will receive an end-of year benefit of 8.3% and an annual holiday allowance of 8%;
- You will also be awarded professional development hours every year and almost eleven weeks of holiday entitlements in a full-time position;
- You will be working at a top-ranked university of applied sciences on a green, sustainable campus near the city centre of Breda;
- You will be working in an attractive and friendly working environment together with enthusiastic colleagues from the industry and students from around the world;
- Moving from abroad to Breda in the Netherlands? We provide support and financial reimbursements in the case of relocation and settling-in in the Netherlands. Dutch tax authorities may offer tax reduction to applicants from abroad (which makes tax rates comparable to the UK and US).
What do we ask of you?
- You are passionate and you would like to share this passion with our students and colleagues. You have creative and fresh ideas on how to share this information and knowledge;
- You preferably have a broad national and international network within the media industry which enables you to stay connected with the field and keeps you up to speed with developments;
- You have a relevant master’s degree or PhD;
- You have experience in coaching start-up companies and/or have experience in business incubators;
- You know the tricks of the trade, which can be seen from your broad knowledge of finance (which will be main focus), media business models and strategies. This may also include expertise in, for example, business innovation, entrepreneurship, emerging technologies and/or applied research;
- You have teaching experience within higher education or university education, specifically with graduate students, and/or are willing to obtain a didactics certificate;
- The bachelor Creative Business is entirely taught in English, and you will be working in an international and intercultural setting; therefore, excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are a necessity.
The application process
Please send us your application before 23 October 2023via the online application form (see link on this page). Do you have any questions? Feel free to contact Arnoud Versluis via firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the job itself, or email@example.com for questions about the application process.
You will receive a reply to your application two weeks after the closing date at the latest. Among candidates with equal qualifications and experience, preference will be given to the internal candidate. Job interviews will take place in the week of 23 October.
External recruiters need not inquire.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 11-12-2023🌏 Breda, Noord-Brabant
💸 €4,800 - €4,800⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
⏰ 12-12-2023🌏 Moerdijk, Noord-Brabant
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Boxmeer, Noord-Brabant
💸 € 2.300 - € 3.000 per maand⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
💸 € 3.167 - € 4.537 per maand⏰ 23-12-2023🌏 Veghel, Noord-Brabant
⏰ 14-01-2024🌏 ’s-Hertogenbosch, Noord-Brabant
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Oss, Noord-Brabant
💸 € 2.252 - € 3.257 per maand⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Helmond, Noord-Brabant
⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Zundert, Noord-Brabant