Material and Corrosion Engineer
Update day: 09-06-2023
Location: Schiedam Zuid-Holland
Profile Material and Corrosion Engineer
Do you have experience in calculating corrosion rates for the process and marine pipework and equipment for new build and conversion FPSOs? Can you identify corrosion issues during the lifetime of the installation of FPSOs?
For one of our clients providing innovative offshore solutions, we are looking for aMaterial & Corrosion Engineerto perform root cause analysis for corrosion issues found in the fleet and to proactively work in a team to find a corrosion mitigation or material replacement solution (while taking into account the operational performance). As a Material & Corrosion Engineer, you are responsible for identifying innovative methods to carry out assigned tasks ensuring all required material is functional and accounted for within a design and in compliance with international codes, company specifications, and industry standards and regulations.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Perform material selection and prepare relevant documentation for the process and marine pipework and equipment based on corrosion calculations, technical documents from (potential) clients, and company and international material selection standards.
- Provide interdepartmental support on piping, equipment and structural material selection, material production and material substitution.
- Provide interdepartmental support on corrosion prevention and mitigation-related issues.
- Review material certificates.
- Advise the project team members and engineers on all matters associated with materials and corrosion.
Requirements Material and Corrosion Engineer
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Materials Engineering, Corrosion Engineering, Metallurgy, Chemistry, Process Technology or equivalent.
- At least 7 years of experience in a similar position.
- Extensive knowledge of material selection standards (for example ISO 21457 and NORSOK M001).
- Must have experience working in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Knowledge of corrosion mechanisms in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Knowledge of NACE MR0175/ISO 15156.
- General knowledge of material standards (f.e. ASTM, API, AISI and ISO).
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Willingness and drive to continue to learn and to improve yourself.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 € 36 - € 40 per uur⏰ 27-06-2023🌏 Delft, Zuid-Holland
💸 Vanaf € 2.541 per maand⏰ 08-07-2023🌏 Delft, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 19-06-2023🌏 Leiden, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 23-06-2023🌏 Den Haag, Zuid-Holland
💸 Vanaf € 2.541 per maand⏰ 27-06-2023🌏 Delft, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 04-07-2023🌏 Leiden, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 06-07-2023🌏 Leiden, Zuid-Holland
💸 Vanaf € 2.541 per maand⏰ 02-07-2023🌏 Delft, Zuid-Holland
💸 € 6.216 - € 8.850 per maand⏰ 08-07-2023🌏 Den Haag, Zuid-Holland
💸 € 3.881 - € 5.332 per maand⏰ 08-07-2023🌏 Delft, Zuid-Holland