Senior Analytical Specialist (Analytical Chemist)
Category: R & D
Industry: Research Services Chemical Manufacturing Industrial Machinery Manufacturing
Job type: Full-time
Job contentWithin the Analytical Sciences Laboratory located in Terneuzen, The Netherlands, we have an exciting opportunity for a
Analytical Specialist (Analytical Chemist) that has practical experience and affinity towards analytical technologies mainly chromatography and spectroscopy in online applications.
A specialist is needed to provide technical problem-solving capability for Dow’s R&D and manufacturing efforts through the application of on-line gas chromatography and on-line process mass spectrometry to monitor chemical processes supporting our effort in sustainability and circular economy. The primary focus of this position is in providing expertise in method development and implementation for high throughput R&D projects. The position also entails the development and implementation of permanent on-line systems, including the development of sampling systems, and the integration of on-line results into control strategies. The candidate will fill the role of subject matter expert as part of a cross-discipline team chartered to solve complex problems in R&D and manufacturing. This role has a strong “hands-on” component.
In our daily work we handle various projects in parallel. Local and global teamwork with manufacturing and research colleagues is an important part of this versatile position. Travel between sites within the Benelux region will be encouraged and occasional travel between Dow EU sites will be required.
PhD in (applied) chemistry with background in analytical chemistry and/or chemical engineering
- Interest and documented expertise in organic and/or polymer chemistry
- Passion about the application of analytical chemistry in industrial problem-solving and project support across multiple businesses
- Self-driven personality and excellent interpersonal skills
- Desire to collaborate with internal clients to deliver effective solutions
- Fine team player in local and international teams
- Initiative and leadership in project management
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing and presenting in English
- Communication skills in Dutch are preferred but not required
Additional information can be obtained from E-M Fruehauf PhD, tel +49 4146 91 3159. Please submit your formal application via www.dow.com/careers .
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow’s equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com .
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 26-04-2023🌏 Oosterwolde, Friesland
💸 € 2.800 per maand⏰ 26-04-2023🌏 Wageningen, Gelderland
⏰ 26-04-2023🌏 Utrecht
⏰ 26-04-2023🌏 Bergen op Zoom, Noord-Brabant
⏰ 26-04-2023🌏 Maastricht, Limburg
💸 € 2.000 - € 2.800 per maand⏰ 26-04-2023🌏 Utrecht
💸 € 2.200 - € 2.800 per maand⏰ 26-04-2023🌏 Landsmeer, Noord-Holland
⏰ 26-04-2023🌏 Maastricht, Limburg
💸 € 2.300 per maand⏰ 26-04-2023🌏 Utrecht
⏰ 26-04-2023🌏 Goes, Zeeland