Senior Estimator I
Location: Hellevoetsluis Zuid-Holland
Category: Executive management Production / Operation
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentBuilding a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
This position is responsible for developing accurate and timely proposals and estimates for both private and public sector works projects from $50 to $100 million to ensure Granite is a responsive bidder.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Comprehend and administer a safety program that provides for a safe work environment that meets or exceeds Granite’s Annual Incident Goal, and foster a culture that expects participation at all levels
- Create and promote, in his/her organization, the ability to recognize and understand the appropriate environmental policies, rules, and the potential adverse affects to the environment due to operations, and take steps necessary to comply with policy/rules, and mitigate the effects of operations
- Create and/or foster a quality culture that recognizes the affect of quality on all operations, and takes steps necessary to provide a product or service that is a source of pride for our workers, and pleasing to our customers
- Analyze and compile estimate data that impact the cost of labor, materials, equipment requirements, location and other factors to ensure a high quality and timely estimate.
- Review drawings, specifications and proposed project site conditions; record findings and solicit input from field operations to include in final project estimate.
- Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness of the bid.
- Review “take-off” quantities to ensure accuracy of data used in estimates.
- Utilize existing cost history as a check to complete estimate.
- Apply mathematical calculations requiring advanced analytical processes to ensure logically estimated costs are accurate.
- Present estimate and participate in bid reviews with senior management to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Communicate with owners, subcontractors, public and private entities to ensure competitiveness.
- Communicate estimate bid information to field operations at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of scope of job and critical means and methods of construction.
- Develop and maintain business relationships to increase bid opportunities in the regional market.
- Supervise, direct, and mentor estimating staff to ensure individual development and Granite standards are met.
- Participate in and/or lead Design-build preconstruction services to ensure a high quality, competitive estimates and schedules.
- Participate in and/or lead means and method discussions, being the catalyst to drive creative thinking and innovative ideas that distinguishes a successful estimate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or equivalent related work experience.
- 10+ years estimating experience
- Prior management experience required
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), AGTEK Take-off and Primavera Scheduling software.
- Advanced knowledge of Estimating software.
- Advanced knowledge of civil engineering principles
- Advanced knowledge of construction principles and equipment capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of agency (U)DBE requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
- Team player
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
- Travel to other regions in the country for IP/JV bidding opportunities which require air travel and overnight stays
Building tomorrow starts with you, and Granite knows that you can excel only if we support you in and out of the workplace. That is why we offer a broad benefits package that includes paid holidays, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, flexible spending plans, as well as special programs for musculoskeletal health, mental wellness, and more.
Salaried employees may choose from two PPO medical plans through Anthem BlueCross, including our most popular plan, for which 100% of the premium is paid by Granite for eligible employees and dependents. Employees can also opt into a Health Savings Account (HSA) or a Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
As part of our investment in your future outside of the workplace, Granite provides a 100% match on the first 6% of eligible compensation that salaried employees defer into their 401(k) plans, which vests immediately.
Benefits may vary for positions located outside of the continental United States.
Base Salary Range
$112,493.85 - $168,740.77
Pay may vary based upon relevant experience, skills, location, and education among other factors.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation’s largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite’s resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite’s recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite’s Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 05-04-2023🌏 Den Haag, Zuid-Holland
💸 € 85 - € 90 per uur⏰ 03-04-2023🌏 Den Haag, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 03-04-2023🌏 Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 04-04-2023🌏 Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 06-04-2023🌏 Katwijk, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 14-04-2023🌏 Dordrecht, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 16-04-2023🌏 Zwijndrecht, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 04-04-2023🌏 Leiden, Zuid-Holland
💸 € 2.195 - € 2.450 per maand⏰ 22-04-2023🌏 Delft, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 13-04-2023🌏 Krimpen aan den IJssel, Zuid-Holland