Software PA Support Engineer (ESA-ESTEC)
☞ Serco Space Services - Europe Careers
Update day: 25-05-2023
Location: Noordwijk Zuid-Holland
Category: IT - Software
Industry: Defense Space Manufacturing
Position: Entry level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentSerco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.We are seeking a Software PA Support Engineer to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought after space agencies in the world.Responsibilities
- Contribute to the establishing of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy.
- Evaluate Contractors’ plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the S/W PA programme.
- Monitor and evaluate S/W PA analyses, reports and technical notes.
- Participate to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-conformance
- Review Boards and Software Review Boards.
- Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions.
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments.
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc. as required.
- Agile practices.
- Quality assurance for Machine Learning models.
- Big Data software architectures and life-cycles.
- Data quality assurance.
- Cyber-security assurance.
- Hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools.
- Alternative software development life-cycles, continuous integration and tools.
- Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science with background on space engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional work experience
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools.
- Practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards.
- Knowledge and proven experience in the following areas:
- Configuration management of complex systems.
- Software engineering and PA in critical applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment
- Problem solving mind set and high capacity to deliver are highly considered.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided on relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 30-06-2023🌏 Delft, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 Gorinchem, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 03-07-2023🌏 Leiderdorp, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 07-07-2023🌏 Sliedrecht, Zuid-Holland
💸 €3,000 - €3,000⏰ 07-07-2023🌏 Leiden, Zuid-Holland
💸 € 3.716 - € 4.887 per maand⏰ 01-07-2023🌏 Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 25-06-2023🌏 Leiden, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 01-07-2023🌏 Noordwijk, Zuid-Holland
⏰ 06-07-2023🌏 Dordrecht, Zuid-Holland
💸 € 3.396 - € 5.009 per maand⏰ 29-06-2023🌏 Den Haag, Zuid-Holland