Update day: 28-01-2023
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentAbout UsLiberty Global is the world’s largest international TV and broadband company, with headquarters in London, Amsterdam and Denver and operations in 10 European countries under the consumer brands Virgin Media, Ziggo, Telenet and Sunrise. We invest in the infrastructure and digital platforms that empower our customers to make the most of the video, internet and communications revolution. Our substantial scale and commitment to innovation enable us to develop market-leading products delivered through next-generation networks that connect over 22 million customers subscribing to more than 46 million TV, broadband internet and telephony services. We also serve over 6 million mobile subscribers and offer Wi-Fi service through 10 million access points across our footprint.We’re always looking for great talent that wants to Grow With Us.If you’re the kind of person who embraces change, challenges the status quo and has a “sky’s the limit” demeanor, then our place is your place. Come and join us!JOB PURPOSERoleThe role requires experience in and specifically focusses on project management for one or more of the following types of projectsThe role is a key project management position responsible for the technical delivery implementation of Entertainment Products & Services across LG’s 12 EU countries.
- CPE hardware and software development, porting and/or deployment
- OTT video centric platforms development, porting and/or deployment
- Full video eco-systems greenfield and scale up deployment projects
- In-flight lifecycle management development projects
- Generic software development process management for video applications, based on Agile processes
- E2E delivery of all technology responsibilities for multiple projects
- Define, implement, secure and supervise required delivery process
- High focus on shift-left approach of all work packages and commitments
- Capability for Senior management reporting
- E2E Requirements grooming
- Lead E2E release management
- Coordinate technical delivery plan with E2E Arch
- Liaise with central and country ops teams with regard to impact of technology changes
- Responsible and leads technical delivery of the project throughout its lifetime, in coordination with technology teams and external vendors
- Provides technical planning, coordination and reporting support for the project, represent technical workstream at project meetings
- MSc or bachelor’s degree in IT or other technical studies; Project management certification is a plus. Agile methods and tooling are a plus
- Proven experience in the cable, satellite or telco industry
- Proven experience in End-to-End System Integration of B2C video services
- Proven experience and knowledge of CATV technologies, STB and DTV Middleware platforms and Video Delivery technologies
- Proven experience with working in an international and distributed team environment
- Experience in delivery management of large Pan-European B2C implementation projects, with extensive knowledge and experience of technology development and delivery management methodologies.
- An understanding of Entertainment B2C services from: commercial side, content side & product development process
- Deep understanding of entertainment technology & ecosystem, from CPE hardware and software to service platforms, user interfaces, Apps and media acquisition/management, processing, and distribution, and end-to-end content protection and security
- Wide understanding of IP and broadcast networking as well as data center infrastructure.
- An understanding of Entertainment related costs and economics and able to support unit economic analysis.
- A strong overall understanding of the technologies and platforms specific to a large cable and telecommunications operator.
- Basic technical knowledge and implementation experience around CPE hardware and software, Video encoding/transcoding, CAS, DRM, Video back-ends, workflows, CMS, security services, Search & Recommendations, Application Services, CDN, Ad Insertion, broadband data, home networking, TV, VoD, PVR, Access technology, and Internet technology related.
- Good overall knowledge/familiarity with telecommunications technologies, including: Ethernet, IP, broadcast, transmission as well as most current IP communication protocols.
- Good knowledge/familiarity with Audio and Video coding/decoding technologies
- Good knowledge/familiarity with related IT systems (OSS & BSS), especially TR-069 and SNMP based CPE Management
- Effective executive level written, verbal and presentation & communication skills
- Takes ownership & feels accountable for own and team actions
- Is a solid teammate
- Is as self-starter
- Creates an esprit de corps within their teams and constantly encourages collaboration
- Is confident and a credible influencer, able to garner respect
- Is self-disciplined in terms of processes and work ethics
- Comfortable to work under stress and be prepared to work outside normal working hours when vital
- Ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situations and to act decisively
- Good interpersonal skills to broadly influence and effectively forge partnerships both internally and externally
- Has a systematic, disciplined, and analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to be supportive, consultative and collaborative and to work effectively across national boundaries
- Ability to quickly understand business objectives and to recognise and capitalise on market opportunities
- An analytical, numerate mind able to present business cases with clarity
- A technical ability to understand product features and functions
- Self-motivated with the ability to continually self-monitor & develop
- Self-motivated and proactive in the working environment; demonstrable ability to work with speed and accuracy to timelines is crucial
- The ability to build relationships and convey authority when needed at all levels in order to resolve conflicts and maintain direction
- At ease and effective in operating in an international working environment
- Liberty Global is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 11-03-2023🌏 Huizen, Noord-Holland
⏰ 04-03-2023🌏 Hoorn, Noord-Holland
⏰ 03-03-2023🌏 Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
💸 Tot € 4.887 per maand⏰ 14-03-2023🌏 Noord-Holland
⏰ 16-03-2023🌏 Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
⏰ 16-03-2023🌏 Aalsmeer, Noord-Holland
⏰ 03-03-2023🌏 Hilversum, Noord-Holland
⏰ 03-03-2023🌏 Velsen, Noord-Holland
⏰ 09-03-2023🌏 Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
⏰ 04-03-2023🌏 Hoorn, Noord-Holland